[parisc-linux] Problems with 0.9 ISO Images from mkhppa1.esiee.fr

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 17:08:41 +0200

Hi,

maybe it just me, but I burned all three iso images from the France mirror
and none of it is bootable (tried on 712, C200 and J282). I get IPL checksum
error (C200/J282) or just dropping back to the bootprom (712). I could
mount them on my PC. The 0.5 ISO CD I've burned sometime ago works. So
before more people burn coasters, could someone check, whether the images
are broken or I made an error buring the CDs.

Another question: I've tried the 64bit kernel on the C200 and got a
system not supported error. Is this a known problem or is the C200
really too old ? J282 (which AFAIK is older) booted the 64bit kernel
just fine, but had some problems with the interrupt of the serial console
during install.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]