[parisc-linux] Upgrade path from 0.6 to 0.9?

Chuck Slivkoff charles_slivkoff@hp.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 18:54:13 -0400

Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 05:47:47PM -0400, Chuck Slivkoff wrote:
> > I'm thinking I need to update the kernel, but I'd like to not have to
> > reload this from scratch.  I can pull the kernel from the 0.9 ISO, but
> > PALO didn't seem to be too intuitive.
>
> You do have to update your kernel in order to run glibc 2.2.3, due to
> the changes in how stacks are managed for threads.  I don't think palo
> is too unintuitive...

RTFM, I know. I updated the kernel from the ISO image (mounted via
loopback on a RH 7.0 system) and I was able to fix the problem I was
having. I added the ISO image to "sources.list" & have "apt-get upgrade"
running so far without a hitch.

Wahoo!

-chuck

P.S. The confustion I had about PALO, was wether or not it needed to be
run (like LILO) after changing /boot/vmlinux. The answer, BTW, is "no".