[parisc-linux] palinux 0.9 on 715/64 STI

Thomas Marteau marteaut@esiee.fr
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:14:58 +0200

Hi Nicolai,

> I've downloaded the palinux 0.9 STI image and tried to install
> it on my 715/64 (the 0.6.1 STI release runs fine). But during
> booting from the CD the system hangs with the following messages:
>
>   Warning: unable to open an initial console
>   loop: enabling 8 loop devices
Here, I tested the serial version of 0.9. That's why we said that
715/Mirage were working!
I gonna look at it...

Be careful, Richard Hirst detected that the narrowsti.conf is bugged!
You have to modify the path (narrow -> sti). Perhaps, here is athe
explanation!

I gonna publish the fixed version on the ESIEE site, stay tuned, Thomas
ESIEE Team
http://www.esiee.fr/puffin