[parisc-linux] Re: Problems with Release 0.9 for PA-RISC

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:39:09 +0100

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 03:35:58PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> > My greatest problem is that i have no ftpd, no telnetd and no rlogind.
> > As ftpd i think i can get wu_ftp, but where can i get an telnetd and an rlogi
> >   nd?
>
> Right.  As root:
> 	apt-get update
> 	apt-get install ftpd
> 	apt-get install telnetd
>
> I didn't see a rlogind package available.

apt-cache search rlogind returns rrlogind, rsh-server, and
krb5-rsh-server.  rrlogind is a spurious hit, so you have your choice
of kerborised or vanilla rlogin servers :-)

> The evil-minded debian developers I consort with have brainwashed
> me into only using ssh and sshd.

... of course, i only have sshd installed :-)