[parisc-linux] 2.4.6-pa20 question about modules

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:24:47 +0100

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 06:33:21PM +0200, Joël Soete wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> With your tips
> (http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2001-July/013081.html)
>
> the cvs 20010717 seems to works fine.
> (for b180 still have to unplug re-plug kdb)
>
> I also try to recompile it with the .config file supply with palinux-0.9.2.
> It also seems to works well but modules are not install naturally.
> Can you explain me how to compile it and install it?

If I understand correctly, you are rebuilding the kernel, and want
kernel modules installed correctly under /lib/modules?

cd /usr/src/linux   (or wherever your source tree is)
# save your .config file, if you want it
make distclean
cp <config file> .config
make oldconfig
make dep
make
make modules
make modules_install
cp vmlinux /boot/vmlinux   (or whereever you want it to go)

Richard