[parisc-linux] palinux-0.9.2: XFree on C180 [GRAPHICS(3)] ?

Reinhard Gimbel Reinhard.Gimbel@freenet.de
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:41:13 +0200

Hi folks !

If I get my C180 up'n'running (see an other post to this
mailing list) I would like to know if there is a chance to get
XFree running on the secondary graphics port [GRAPHICS(3)] ?

Because I don't have an original HP monitor (with that special
connector) nor an adapter to an ordinary PC-style monitor
(15pin MinD) I have to use the secondary graphics port of my
C180 (seems to be an EISA graphics card; not yet disassembled
my box :-)

Further more I don't have HIL keyboard and mouse so I have to
use PS/2 keyboard and mouse. But this seems to be no problem
(according some information one could read on the net and my
experience so far).

The boot of the palinux-0.9.2 image via GRAPHICS(3) results in
a blue screen (luckily not the one we know from M$ products
:-), but at least the keyboard input seems to work up to this
point.

Again: Will I/we get XFree running on the C180 ?

Any idea ?

THX !

Reinhard.