[parisc-linux] Palo not running -- "Installing Pa-risc linux problem"

Paul Bame bame@riverrock.org
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:53:22 -0600

> We came across a question of following the instrustuion in "INstalling
> pa-risc linux" (www.parisc-linux.org/software/install.html". in
> Step 8  "Initialize the boot loader (roughly equivalent to lilo): *** NOTE
> *** change both '3's in the following command to use your partition number
> 		$ palo -k /boot/vmlinux -b /boot/iplboot \
> 			-c '3/boot/vmlinux TERM=linux HOME=/ root=/dev/sda3' \
> 			-I /dev/sda
> "

Palo should have been run as part of the Debian install process and you
should have an /etc/palo.conf.  If you are installing by hand you have more
work to do...

> Question 1 : After booting up from network, we logged in serial console and
> palo is not in HP box.
> so we copied palo from the NFS server into the NFS directory so that the HP
> box can "see it" . However, it cannot run "palo". ( we think that palo is
> compiled under intel chip, and don't like the HP's Risc CPU).

The Debian package for palo is on the CD and in the Debian mirror system.

> 2. We tried to compile "palo" again in HP box, but we cannot compile it?
> any idea about this,

Please use the Debian package.  You can install the Debian package from
the CD with 'dpkg --install palo_<version>.deb'.

If you want help compiling palo please send the output from 'make'.

	-Paul