[parisc-linux] LOOP_CLR_FD on 735

CARSON,KEVIN (HP-Canada,ex1) kevin_carson@hp.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:30:01 -0400

Hi!

I've been trying the latest releases on various workstations I have access
to.

Two of the machines are a B180L and a 735.  The B180L installs with the
0.9.1 CD.   When I try the 735 with 0.9.1 or 0.9.2 I get the message

	ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: No such device or address

at the point where the Rescue Floppy is being installed from floppy images
off of the CD into the Linux system partition, it just sits there.  I
believe I saw a similiar message with the B180L but it flicked past too fast
for me to read the entire message.

Both machines are being installed via the serial console.

I've seen that there is another report of a 735 running at ESIEE but that
was a "735/B"; this is probably the 735/125 instead of a 735/99 that I'm
running.

Any suggestions?  What is this message?  Anything you want me to try?

Cheers,

Kevin Carson