[parisc-linux] Re: Problem installing .9 iso image on C240

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:36:25 -0600

Richard Hirst wrote:
> IAOQ = _gsc_readl + 8
> called from dino_in32()
> I guess it was dino_in32(0xc1b21ec0), which looks odd.

It's definitely wrong. dino_in32() pokes dino to generate IO Port
transactions and Dino lives in 0xF... address range. This suggests the
pci_dev->sys_data is garbage (perhaps not initialized?) or points to garbage.
Perhaps for Dino's built-in PS/2 or RS232 port?

Sorry, I didn't follow this thread earlier. Does console output hint
which PCI device was involved (if any)?

> Don't know why it should fail like that in the middle of the
> install.  Is it repeatable?

If it's a problem with devices on-board Dino, I'd expect the problem to
be reproducible but with different symptoms depending on what's in pci_dev.

grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker
+1.408.447.7253