[parisc-linux] Re: Problem installing .9 iso image on C240

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:02:21 +0100

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 07:23:53AM -0700, Charles Boone wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Yes, I can repeat it everytime I try to install, same
> as with the .9 version.  I do have one question, why
> would it not try to install the 64bit version? I was
> pretty sure that a C240 is a 64bit system.

I think C240 will run 32 or 64 bit kernels, but 64 bit kernel isn't
working on it yet.

> I am assuming that this is not a problem reading the
> cdrom, I think that I can try another cdrom.

I agree, it doesn't sound like a corrupt CD to me.  More likely
some kernel problem.  I'll try another install on my c360, but it
worked last time I tried.

Richard