[parisc-linux] Installation on B180L workstation.

Gururaj Ananthateerta gururaj@cup.hp.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 11:57:31 -0700

Thanks a lot for responding.

Richard Hirst wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 04:09:30PM -0700, Gururaj Ananthateerta wrote:
> > I am trying to install on B180L.  I have an external CD ROM.
> >  Does installation supports this configuration. ? If not
> > how can i install?
>
> Should work, so far as I know.  Please can you give more information:
>
> What CD are you trying to install from? 0.9 ISO? 0.9.1 ISO?
> (0.9.1 ISO has some problems, I hope a fixed one will be posted
> soon).

0.9 ISO.

> Serial console or graphical console?

Serial Console.

> Does the system find the CDROM when you do a SEArch?

Yes, CD info is displayed during search. The CD ROM is a Toshiba make.

> What happens when you try the install, exactly?

Well, when I try to boot through the CD, I get the following message.
"Boot Device not Ready
  Retrying boot device...'
I am kinda doubting the way I burned the CD. I will ckech this. It
shouldn't be
that case.