[parisc-linux] HP9000 800/G30 and G50 Support?

Pete plaven@ozemail.com.au
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:03:40 +1100

> > I still haven't been able to acertain if this archcetecture is supprted
> > with the linux port...  Anyone willing to offer a yes or no?
>
> it's in the faq.

Yep you're right...

I even remember reading it.. I wasn't making a correlation to the server model
and what was written, don't ask why, it's not that unclear in the faq.

-- snip --
The earliest PA-RISC servers have proprietary HP devices attached to
proprietary HP bus architectures. It is unlikely that documentation on these
busses and devices will ever become available, since so few people are
interested in spending any effort finding and releasing the docs. Machines in
this category are the E, F, G, H, I class (aka Nova) and T500 series
(Emerald) machines as well as some earlier, unlettered servers.

-- snip --

Having said that the G30 and G50 obviously fall into the list of lettered
machines not supported.

Thanks..

Pete.