[parisc-linux] Weird compile problems

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:36:03 -0700

Alan Modra writes...

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Paul J.Y. Lahaie wrote:
>
> [about pehc CVS devel branch gcc]
> > And fixincl (the progrma that does the subst) is taking 0% CPU (from top)
> > 10727 pjlahaie   9   0   712  712   520 S      20  0.0  0.5   0:00 fixincl
>
> Yeah, fixincl dies for me too.  I'd been putting it down to some sort of
> kernel problem, and just disabled fixinc (gcc/Makefile:STMP_FIXINC).
> Other than that, I get a successful bootstrap, and both kernel & glibc
> compile natively - except that `make' died randomly in the glibc build,
> and I currently have a ld.so.1 that segfaults.

I suspect that your make actually died during the make install right? This is
the problem that John Marvin and I are working on. The pthread changes that he
made broke things that use librt and libpthread. In our current nfsroot that
is tar, make, and sleep. For now we're using a static make to complete the
install. Once I have a new glibc package built I will do new new
make,tar,sleep stuff too.

> Hmm, looking at what I just wrote, you can hardly call it a "successful
> bootstrap".  I'm investigating the ld.so.1 problem - at least that one is
> reproducable.

I was seeing that here too but John wasn't. We're currently trying to
determine the differences in our build environments. What system are you
building on and what nfsroot/kernel are you using?

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation