[parisc-linux] Weird compile problems

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:25:21 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Paul J.Y. Lahaie wrote:

[about pehc CVS devel branch gcc]
> And fixincl (the progrma that does the subst) is taking 0% CPU (from top)
> 10727 pjlahaie   9   0   712  712   520 S      20  0.0  0.5   0:00 fixincl

Yeah, fixincl dies for me too.  I'd been putting it down to some sort of
kernel problem, and just disabled fixinc (gcc/Makefile:STMP_FIXINC).
Other than that, I get a successful bootstrap, and both kernel & glibc
compile natively - except that `make' died randomly in the glibc build,
and I currently have a ld.so.1 that segfaults.

Hmm, looking at what I just wrote, you can hardly call it a "successful
bootstrap".  I'm investigating the ld.so.1 problem - at least that one is
reproducable.

Alan
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.