HP PA-Risc with Linux

Paul Bame bame@fc.hp.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:37:33 -0700

Carlos, I've forwarded your e-mail to our mailing list since I'm not
the expert on 715 hardware.  You might also want to read through the
FAQ and other things on our web site, www.parisc-linux.org.

The CD is pretty old and I suspect you'll have better luck with a
newer kernel.  We are planning to produce a "0.6" ISO image Real
Soon Now (tm).  Alternatively you can get a newer kernel
from puffin.external.hp.com and boot from that kernel using either
a bootp server to serve it to the 715, or DAT tape if you happen
to have that.  Use the Linux kernel command line to indicate the
0.5 CD is its root (root=/dev/scd0).

= I Have some problems installing Linux, hope you have a couple of minutes =
= to give a hand.
=
= I have a Apollo 715/75 and I would like to install Linux in it. What I =
= have done so far is:
= downloaded "palinux-0.5.iso.gz"
= create a CD using Adaptec CD Creator (on a PC)
=
= I tried to boot from the CD rom and evrething seems to start ok, bu =
= right after detecting the Scorpio Sr. hardware I get a Stack dump and =
= the workstation doesn't do anything else.
=
= thanks in advance
=
= Regards