[parisc-linux] Server E55 (9000/856) - PDC console

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:20:53 +0100

On Tuesday 30 January 2001 15:01, Christoph Plattner wrote:
> Hello PA-RISC GURUS !
>
> * Is it possible to use the PDC console as system console ?

The PDC-interface misses a function to get interrupts when a key was pressed.
To get around that problem you would need to poll the whole time, which would
result in a *very* bad performance.
Instead of using the PDC-console it is much better to get the STI console
working. I've already begun to rewrite the current STI code from prumpf,
which you can find under /drivers/video/sti/*.
Currently both - the new and the old STI code - is broken and unfunctional,
but I will continue to work on it as far as time permits.

Greetings,

	Helge.