[parisc-linux] _working_ rbootd for redhat

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@alcatel.at
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:28:50 +0100

Hello !

I also have a 720 (9000/720, with 50Mhz) and I often thought
about the idea of using rbootd.

Can you give me some hints, what you have done (what steps)
(I also have RedHat !).

What to do on the 720 machine (with `path lan0.....' I think),
wnat to do on the host, and how to prepare the linux boot image
(lifimage) ?

By the way, have you booted linux now ?
I had the problem with the trap 18 (perhaps you saw it)
on the 720. It could be fixed by adding the `case 18:'
to that case (15,26, etc), and suddenly the 720 was working !!

With friendly regards

	Christoph Plattner