[parisc-linux] CONFIG_SMP update

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:09:01 +0000

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 04:47:53PM -0800, Grant Grundler wrote:
> o problem is pbus_set_ranges() isn't defined.
> Looks like we picked up the new drivers/pci stuff anyway. *sigh*.
> I'll look at this first thing next week.

damn.  i deliberately excluded all the changes to drivers/pci (except
those required to build successfully).  But I forgot to exclude the changes
to include/linux/pci.h.  Looking over it, the only problem is with:

-void pdev_assign_unassigned_resources(struct pci_dev *dev);
-void pci_set_bus_ranges(void);
+void pdev_enable_device(struct pci_dev *);
+void pdev_sort_resources(struct pci_dev *, struct resource_list *, u32);
+unsigned long pci_bridge_check_io(struct pci_dev *);

err... except that you said `pbus_set_ranges()'.  I can still see it:
setup-bus.c:pbus_set_ranges(struct pci_bus *bus, struct pbus_set_ranges_data *outer)

so I'm not sure exactly what problem you're experiencing.

> parisc* Makefiles weren't using proper rules to generate .o from .S files.
> This is a first hack. Willy will follow up with "clean" versions.

Yup, just cleaning up now.

> (it's not pdc calls or console output - unless our spinlocks are
> broken).

well, that could be.  anyone fresh want to look at the spinlock code.
did i get the sense of the test wrong?