[parisc-linux] CPU detection wrong

dkennedy dkennedy@linuxcare.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:07:12 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Grant Grundler wrote:

> Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > we have the following entry in hardware.c:
> >
> >         { 0x05c0, 0x0fc0, pcxw   },  /* 0x05c0 - 0x05ff */
>
> David (Kennedy),
> You have time to fix the table based on the "Appendix B" data below?

Done.  I have committed it.  I don't have a PA box near me.  Can someone
check my change to:
	- ensure it compiles
	- it correctly detects all the machines old and new.

> In the long run, I don't want to be involved in maintaining this table.
> An easier way to determine processor type is based on CPU and FP-Coproc
> MODEL information. Our kernel queries for both now and it's just a
> matter of putting it to use.

I don't mind maintaining this table.  It would be goot to keep this table
and the hardware database in sync.

I will make sure that the hardware database is updated accordingly.

--
David Kennedy, Technical Account Manager, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.9594 tel, 613.562.9304 fax