[parisc-linux] One more step: Interruption (trap) 18 on 9000/720

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:06:01 +0000

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 08:50:12AM -0800, Grant Grundler wrote:
> There is no kernel debugger (yet). I started working on one last year
> based on "KWDB" from HPUX. I've added the kernel hooks (CONFIG_KWDB).
> But I (a) didn't get it working and (b) didn't get permission to publish
> the KWDB base. My advice is for someone to take the SGI KDB and make it
> work for parisc-linux and changing CONFIG_KWDB to CONFIG_KDB.

FYI, after my PA-RISC talk at linux.conf.au, Keith Owens expressed
interest in porting KDB to Linux/PARISC.  He's on holiday just now but
he'll investigate further after he gets back.

Grant, do you think it'd be worth removing the KWDB bits?