[parisc-linux] crt1.o

Josiah Carlson jcarlson@macalester.edu
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:03:05 -0600

> > Just to try something out...I 'm curious as to which file contains the
> > listing of paths that are searched for libraries by gcc or g++ (or in
> > general all paths searched by the shell for execution), does anyone know
> > which file that is?
>
> Try running gcc with `-print-search-dirs'.  You can get complete list of gcc
> options with `-v --help'.  `-v' may help to see how linker is being run.

I suppose I should have said so...but the actual command being used to
find the libraries is ld.  I've tried to figure that command out...but
it's not liking me at all.
I have not tried the -print-search-dirs on my HP machine, but will
tomorrow.
Though in general, how do I add paths to be searched by the OS?
Thank you,
 - Josiah