[parisc-linux] parisc64 kernel and ret1 (gr29) setup

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 01:20:34 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Richard Hirst wrote:
> 64 bit functions expect r29 to point to a parameter save area.  I've
> made changes in my tree to increase FRAME_SIZE from 64 to 128 bytes on
> 64 bit, and initialise r29 on syscall entry.  I havn't committed it yet.
> I was just going to increase to 80 bytes - 64 bytes save area plus
> 16 for rp and sp - but Willy thought there was a requirement for the
> stack to be 64 byte aligned.

Yup.

> Presumably r29 needs initialising on every call from entry.S and syscall.S
> to C code

Yes, that too.

Is there any code elsewhere that "knows" the stack frame is 64 bytes
(except for gdb and signal handler frames)?

Alan
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.