Administrivia and a question was: [parisc-linux] Question for the Faq

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 13:46:27 -0700

R P Herrold writes...

> On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Phillip D. Beal wrote:
>
> > I thought I'd post this to be added to the faq, as I was stumped on this
> > problem for a while, and I think some people might hit the same problem.
>
> <snip good 'hint and kink type' contribution>
>
> 1. The submission got me thinking.  I just examined
> http://parisc-linux.org/faq.html --- and there is no listing
> of a formal role-address for an 'editor' of FAQ content.  So
> it will probably be lost in the essectially unsearchable
> archive at:

Dann Frazier is in the process of setting up a bug tracking system. Actually
the BTS is setup but is dependent on the creation of mailing lists for each
category in the BTS. We have already proposed a "website" category but perhaps
a "FAQ" category would be useful too. Once this is done you'll have a place to
direct feedback and contributions for all aspects of the port. Hopefully we'll
have this setup this week.

> 2, I was going to address the question of who is responsible
> for making sure these gems to not get lost to the
> administratative contact on the mailing list,

It's informal right now but the BTS should help make it better.

> so I checked
> http://parisc-linux.org/lists.html -- no mention of the
> role-address for parisc-linux-owner@thepuffingroup.com or
> owner-parisc-linux@thepuffingroup.com.

We are going to be moving all the mailing lists to Mailman and each list will
have an owner address once that happens.

> Of course the first entry on that page, for the announce
> archive is a dead link ...

That's only because no one has sent anything to the announce list in the Year
2001 :) The move to mailman/pipermail will also fix that.

> 3. So I checked the mailer headers -- nope- the list
> namagement headers are not there, of this sort from another
> list:

Mailman wins here too.

> 4.  In getting to the project webpages, I pasted
> parisc-linux-owner@thepuffingroup.com, and editted that down
> to www.thepuffingroup.com -- which went through two redirects
> to get to: http://parisc-linux.org/
>
> A one line trailer might be useful:
>
> See the website: http://parisc-linux.org/

Hopefully this is something Jane can have done.

> I can file a good bug report describing what I see -- I can

Please do so when the BTS is announced.

> So my question is: How may one contribute at an editorial and
> project infrastructure level?  I wish to do so, and bet others
> on the list do too.

Grant answered this one.

HTH,

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation