[parisc-linux] ftp, gcc, etc...

jcarlson@macalester.edu jcarlson@macalester.edu
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:27:32 -0600

Sorry for darn near spamming the list with all my problems...

I was going to get some packages and such...but it seems that the base .5
image lacks ftp...
I was curious as to which package includes ftp as one of it's binaries.  It
is a little strange to be on a linux machine and not have ftp.  I've
started to install packages that I thought would do it...but I haven't
found it yet.

On a side note, I'm setting up 6 hp machines to be turned into a parallel
processing cluster using MPICH, and am going to need to compile the
sources.  (or if someonee else wants to compile them and make a debian
package out of them...would be really nice *smile*).  Along those lines,
which packages do I need to install on the hp machine to allow configure,
make, gcc, etc... to work together?
After installing gcc and glibc (as well as all the required libraries for
gcc), I tested it with a hello world program, and everything went peachy,
but I do not know if the MPICH configure and make will work yet as I am not
able to download it (I want my ftp! *5 points if you know what this refers
to*).

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you,
 - Josiah