[parisc-linux] /proc problems

Josiah Carlson jcarlson@macalester.edu
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:47:28 -0600

Good afternoon,

(I'm using the .5 image and used the install instructions on
www.parisc-linux.org/install.html to get the booting system on a B160L)

Upon boot, the system is not automatically mounting /proc.
I made sure that the line:
/proc	/proc	proc	defaults
was in /etc/fstab, but the kernel never mounts it.

I also need a script to be run every boot (to set up the ethernet
interface...or if it automatically did this, I would be happy to know
how to do set it up to do this as well.)

(Greg Ingram)
Appending 'rw' at the end of the command line in palo works great to
enable read/write access to the booting volume, thank you.  Though I
don't think it's so much of a hack...I think it's more like a 'feature'
of palo that it doesn't automatically mount the boot volume as
read/write.  An annoying feature, but one that prevents new people from
mucking up the system too bad.

Thank you,
 - Josiah