[parisc-linux] I'm having a couple problems

Josiah Carlson jcarlson@macalester.edu
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:57:00 -0600

Alright...

Now that I've been mucking around with the .5 image for a week, I
thought I would ask two questions to solve the riddles that I am butting
my head on...

1. After following the directions listed on
http://www.parisc-linux.org/install.html, then booting off the newly
created bootable hard drive...I'm left with a read only volume.
Numerous reboots to the image, chmods, changing of fstab and such on the
hard drive...I still cannot install debian packages (I get errors about
a read-only volume...hey, isn't that why I changed fstab?)
How do I get _actual_ r/w access to the volume that the system boots
>from?

2. How do I set up the ethernet interface within parisc-linux?  I've
never done this manually (always let redhat and netbsd do it's thing).

Thank you,
 - Josiah