[parisc-linux] C100 Boots! (Mostly)

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:37:46 -0700

Greg Ingram writes...

> root filesystem before losing console output.  A log follows.  The machine
> accepts telnet connections but telnet session won't start.  I get:
>
> 	telnetd: getpty: permission denied
>
> I'm hoping that's just something to do with how I installed the root
> filesystem.  Maybe it hasn't been remounted as writable?  I'm so close to
> a shell!

Yes, that is exactly the same error that I have seen when the root wasn't
mounted rw. Until you fix your console problem you can probably add something
like,

10.0.0.1:/tftpboot/nfsroot      /       nfs    defaults,errors=remount-ro

to /tftpboot/nfsroot/etc/fstab

replace with your IP/nfsroot path. That should let it remount rw after it's
booted.

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation