[parisc-linux] More 735 boot woes

Chris Moore cmoore@cancun.rose.hp.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:28:33 -0800

Hello again,

Thanks to the people who provided me with kernels (Phillip, and whoever
loaded a new one to the FTP site - Andrew?  Grant?).
I now have two fairly new kernels that both do the same thing - and
it's the same problem mentioned earlier this month by Aleksandr
Konstantinov.  I get as far as "parport_initialize_chip: initialize
bidirectional-mode".  Then I get an HPMC.

The isr.ior at the time of the HPMC indicates I'm at
parport_PS2_supported+0x64.
Also the register dump shows the HPA of the Outfield Core Centronics
interface in registers r6, r25, and r26.  I can't get much further
without (yet) being able to build kernels, but it looks like these kernels
don't like the Outfield Core Centronics.  I'd suspect that it was just
my system having bad hardware except that it sounds like at least one
other person has seen the same HPMC.

Has anyone else seen this problem on a 735?  Anyone have a fix?

Thanks,

Chris Moore