[parisc-linux] website

Stan Sieler sieler@allegro.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:33:28 -0800 (PST)

Re:

> >  * The text is too small.
> >  * It uses too many tables.
>
> I feel these are personal preferences - however, I will see what can be
> done about the font

The key, probably the most important thing in web page design, is to
*NOT* override the user's font defaults.  Web pages with font sizes, colors, &
styles are simply evil.  There are pages I can no longer read with Netscape,
because the @#$%^ web designer went out of their way to choose a small
font...and that's *real* small on a 1600x1200 display!  MSIE let's me
go to Tools/Internet Options/Accessibility and say:

   ignore font colors on page
   ignore font size on page

...which is simply wonderful.

www.hp.com is an excellent example of how *NOT* to design a web page, sadly.

Remember, the three most important things to consider when
designing a web page are: content, content, and content.
Look / feel / wow isn't in the top three!

--
Stan Sieler                                           sieler@allegro.com
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html                  www.sieler.com