[parisc-linux] where to put 64 bit libmilli?

Jeffrey A Law law@redhat.com
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 13:17:53 -0700

  In message <E14DXa6-0005xq-00@noam.fc.hp.com>you write:
  > I have permission to sanitize and (L?)GPLize it.  I'm planning to
  > attempt the basic integration and then let Jeff or someone tell me
  > how I screwed it up :-)
BTW, if you dig around the GCC CVS tree, you'll find 32bit millicode ready
to work with GNU tools. (gcc/config/pa/lib1funcs.asm)  I don't know if that
would be useful to you or not.

Moving it out of libgcc may or may not make sense.  If I recall the key thing
to remember is that you want copies of those routines in each shared library,
otherwise you can lose in unpleasant ways.  An alternative is to make the
millicode routines themselves into a shared library and everyone links against.

jeff