[parisc-linux] where to put 64 bit libmilli?

Tue, 2 Jan 2001 14:39:03 -0500 (EST)

> I have source code for HP's 64-bit millicode and am working on making
> it compilable with our tool chain.  But the bigger question is where
> do I put it?
>
> Right now millicode is part of libgcc.a in top-of-branch gcc, but I
> seem to recall some linker magic, and when/if that happens I don't
> know where to put the millicode stuff.

Last time I looked the 64 bit port was still using the same milli
library as the 32 bit port.  Thus to integrate a 64 bit library,
some work would have to be done to the machine description.  There
are hooks to build asm code (see for example lib1funcs.asm and
lib2funcs.asm in config/pa).

Has HP contributed this code to the public domain?  Probably, Jeff
Law would be the one to contact to get integrated into the gcc mainline.

Dave