[parisc-linux] Re: schedule_tail

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:31:29 -0700

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 05:21:49PM +1100, Alan Modra wrote:
> But this location is allowed to be modified by the callee, and I think you
> already have a stack frame.

Umm... I'm not sure we always do.  It shouldn't be hard to arrange though.

> I wrote up some stuff on stack frames at
> http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2001-February/011715.html

thanks, i was going from the pdfs, but yours is easier to understand.
i don't quite see why it needs `ap' (%r29) to be assigned a value when
calling a function which has no arguments.

would a `call-c-function' macro make sense?