[parisc-linux] CD boot help with 735

Jim Buttafuoco jim@tylerdrive.org
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:12:37 -0500 (EST)

Bryan,

   Get the latest PALO tree.  The directions are in the README file.  I
found if you follow the kernel building instructions from the parisc-
linux.org web site, you can't go wrong....

Jim

> Jim Buttafuoco wrote:
>
> > Bryan,
> >
> > What CD are you using.  I couldn't get the .5 version to work on my
> > 735.  I did create my own kernel and booted via the network. Let me
> > know if you need any help.
> >

> I'll read up on how to do that. I am indeed using the .5 version.
>
> I don't know what the bootstrap requirements are a network boot.
Let's assume that making a CD is easier. I can
> build a kernel on the x86 and put the new kernel onto a cd image.
Question: what's the parameters to mkisofs to
> specify the boot image? El Toritto? Generic boot? That Sun boot track
thing?

> (In the meantime, I'll read up on network booting)
>

> > Jim
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Am trying to boot the CDROM, but keep getting "ENTRY_INIT status
= -4"
> > > and a few lines of hex. Never
> > >
> > > 1) The above occurs on the console, routed to built-in video.
Should I
> > > have done something to redirect console messages to
> > >     COMM port beforehand? Have a laptop attached to be the serial
> > > console, but obviously to no effect
> > > 2) Just being stupid: 9600 8 N 1, COM port A for the serial
console,
> > > right?
> > > 3) Should I try, "b scsi.6.0 IPL" or without the IPL?
> > >
> > > This is on a 735 box. Your help much appreciated.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Bryan W. Headley - bheadley@interaccess.com
> > >

> > > ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿéj¸¬sùbžìfj)bž
> >         b²ÚZ®+þX§»åŠËlþ–«ŠÇÿ–)
îÇú+‚m§ÿÿ–+-³úZ®+þX§»è®Ü‚/ÛŠæj)