[parisc-linux] Cannot build 02/18/2001 glibc

Rafael E. Herrera raffo@neuronet.pitt.edu
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:49:23 -0500

Alan Modra wrote:

> > I've looked briefly at the main configure script and compared it to the
> > last revision, but cannot figure out why it uses the x86 assembler.
> > Perhaps the mantainer can resolve this.
>
> After having problems the first time, did you start from a fresh
> directory?  If config.cache exists, you'll pick up old values.

Yes, I scrapped everything and began with binutils. I use a separate
directory for building each package (as indicated in the recipe) and
removed them. Any config.cache went away with those dirs.

Let me know if there is something else I can do to fix this.
--
     Rafael