[parisc-linux] Some progress with WAX_EISA (Who knows about int errupts?)

dkennedy dkennedy@linuxcare.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:10:27 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Grant Grundler wrote:

> 5116@telia.com wrote:
> > Yes, most ISA devices have a probe list which the use when they are
> > compiled in, and if I use modules or a kernel command line option I
> > want to be able to say io=0x388 when I have set the jumppers on the card
> > for that address.
>
> The probe list is the problem. We can fixup th command line before
> the driver sees it.

ISA device drivers use inb and outb.  Isn't it possible to provide a ISA
specific inb/outb macro that does the appropriate translation?

--
David Kennedy, Technical Account Manager, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.9594 tel, 613.562.9304 fax