[parisc-linux] Initial setup of the `glibc' in the target rootfilesystem

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@dot.at
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 17:49:08 +0100

Point (1):

No you have no pain at this point. This `/lib' is GLIBC built in and is
only
evaluated from the shared library loader (./elf/dl-load.c) at runtime
(as
far as I understood the stuff). So this has no influence on any cross
built
process. On the running binary (on the target machine) sees two "lib
search
strings" one to `/usr/parisc/hppa-linux/lib' and one to '/lib'. The
runnung
binary on the target (HP PA) can then try both and will find it in
'/lib'.

The file ./elf/ld-load.c is the only one using this information as far I
found
per `grep'.

But if I am wrong, please correct me.....

Point (2):

I will see...

With friendly regards

	Christoph P.