[parisc-linux] db2 build failed

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:28:48 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Matt Taggart wrote:

> > And, amazingly, he's just committed a fix.  :-)
>
> Of course right after I finished building a new xc based on the devel branch :(
> I am rebuilding now and will post shortly.

Sorry.  I thought the fix would take me longer. :)

Note that -p is still not compatible with -fpic (and that means -p is not
OK for hppa64 at all, because there you always get PIC).  I'm not sure of
all the reasons why -p and -fpic are incompatible, but one is to do with
the way the prologue code generates a symbol ref.  _That_ problem will
still generate compiler crashes, but you do get a warning.

Err, I just looked at our glibc support for profiling, gmon/mcount.c, and
see that the prologue code is wrong anyway.  What's there is for HPUX
_mount, which is non-standard.  !@(*$&()*

So that's double sorry, I guess :-(

Alan Modra
--