[parisc-linux] ASP Parallel port driver broken on HP9000/730

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 15:48:31 +0100

On Friday 09 February 2001 14:45, M. Grabert wrote:

> sorry about the confusing error report.
> I'm actually using serial console, with the configuration above;
> but the initial kernel messages are not redirected to the serial console.
> not until the serial ports are found & initialized ...
> ... but since these kernel messages are printed before the time the
> serial ports are recognized, I can't see them on the terminal, but on the
> monitor.
> My question was, whether there is a kernel parameter (i can pass to palo),
> which redirects ALL kernel messages from the beginning to the serial port
> (before they are regognized by the linux kernel).

on the IPL screen type

PATH CONSOLE RS232_1
*or*
PATH CONSOLE SERIAL_1

At the next boot PDC will redirect all PDC-messages to the first serial port
and you will able to boot your PARISC through minicom.

Helge

BTW: Max, your domain doesn't seem to resolve
	("M. Grabert" <xam@deathsdoor.com>)!
bash-2.04$ nslookup deathsdoor.com
Server:  devserv.devel.redhat.com
*** devserv.devel.redhat.com can't find deathsdoor.com: Non-existent
host/domain