[parisc-linux] Initial setup of the `glibc' in the target root file system

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@dot.at
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 23:49:18 +0100

After the glibc builts perfect, I have a problem in setting up the root
!
How can I install the glibc (/lib) to the root file system.
I tried to do a "perfect copy" of the root via `tar' from
/usr/parisc/hppa-linux
to /tftpboot/apollo (my nfs mounted root).

But how can I prepare the .../etc/ld.so.cahce file or whatever is
needed.
Using a ldconfig from the host fails, using the -r option for another
root:

	ldconfig -r /tftpboot/apollo

Ldconfig terminates without errors, but the system mounting my NFS-root
crashes
with page fault or with "cannot find libc.6.so". Only the root of the
palinux-0.5
image is working.
Which of the two error reaction occurs depends on the ldconfig and
platform.
I tried ldconfig of RH-6.1 on intel and RH-6.2 on sparc.

Whats the correct way ?

With friendly regards
	Christoph

private:	christoph.plattner@dot.at