[parisc-linux] parisc64 kernel and ret1 (gr29) setup

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:18:25 +0000

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 01:45:45PM +0000, Richard Hirst wrote:
> Presumably r29 needs initialising on every call from entry.S and syscall.S
> to C code, but I'm not over confident about that, so I thought I'd let
> others see my diff so far.  Comments?

So, I committed that diff, and have been looking at what happens
w.r.t. stack frame setup on interrupts.  All we seem to do is to
set sp to the top of task_struct (if in a user context), or move
sp up by a struct pt_regs if in kernel space.  In both cases,
those values are rounded up (TASK_SZ_ALGN and PT_SZ_ALIGN), so
there would probably be some space below sp, but should get_stack
be explicity allocating a stack frame really?

Richard