[parisc-linux] RFC: I/O tree design

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 00:07:29 -0800

Grant Grundler wrote:
> struct pa_devinfo {
> 	void * pa_iommu;
> 	void * pa_hba;
> }
>
> ((pa_sysinfo *) pci_device->sysdata)

I meant to write
    ((pa_devinfo *) pci_device->sysdata)->pa_iommu

I also thought the pa_devinfo struct could hold flags/info which
describes device and driver DMA behaviors not passed in to
pci_map_single(). I don't expect device drivers to be modified
to manipulate this flags/info fields unless it is designed to be arch-
independent.

Stuff like this is normally stored in the HPUX I/O tree associated
with specific nodes (and thus visible to parents). Note that I only
expect the parisc-linux "I/O tree" to only deal with PA I/O devices.

grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker
+1.408.447.7253