[parisc-linux] HP 712/100 problem

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@dot.at
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 10:47:15 +0100

Do you have a wrong DATE on your machine !!

Don't worry about the long time of having a bloack screen !
Two point have to be considered.
(1) On my 720/50 it takes near one minute, before the monitor began to
show the three basic colors red/green/blue as test, before text is
comming.
On reason for such a long time is the memory test....

(2) If your machine is configured using the serial console and if it
does not automatic boot, then you will never see any output on the
screen.
For this connect a terminal (emulation) like `minicom' or 'hyper
terminal'
to the first serial port with 9600,8,n,1 and wait, if there is coming an
output,
but this can also take up to one minute...

I hope this helps
	Christoph