[parisc-linux] Problems building glibc

John Marvin jsm@udlkern.fc.hp.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 04:59:31 -0700 (MST)

> It's a known bug with our mainline gcc.  Fixed on the devel branch, but
> that has other problems at the moment.  For the time beingg, compile this
> file at -O1.

OK, that answers the question about what branch the fix is on. Having
run into this bug before, I know there are a bunch of other glibc files
that won't compile, so I would suggest you just build all of glibc
with -O1.

Note, I believe that Matt Taggart will be publishing a new nfs root
with a new glibc later today (and this glibc will fix the alignment
problems found on PCXS,PCXT and PCXT' processors). The glibc he built
contains the rest of the alignment fixes that I am going to commit
in the next few minutes.

John