[parisc-linux] Server E55 (9000/856) - PDC console

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@dot.at
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:04:02 +0100

Thanks for the answer, but ...

... the E55 server has no STI or similar console. Only as serial one !
And this serial console is on the 8-port serial multiplexer board,
and I miss a driver for that (same for SCSI !) on the E55 (9000/856).

So the only chance is the use of PDC console for the first step.
And as my experience shows on a PC with 8-port serial board, it is
not a problem to poll in 20-25ms cycles, which is enough for serial
console operation and is not a performace problem....

With friendly regards

	Christoph