[parisc-linux] Problem with threads..

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 22:44:47 -0800

> the pan newsreader does not want to work on parisc platforms (neither the ones from the debian archive nor a version compiled from scratch). Digging a little bit I found the application hangs at pthread_mutex_lock and similar calls. Tried with various kernel versions over the last couple of months, never worked. Known issue ?

fwiw, what i've seen elsewhere is that on palinux, you have to make sure
the mutex is initialized before locking works. on other platforms
sometimes you can get away with doing a lock without a mutex init.

for another example see http://bugs.debian.org/124307

randolph
--
   @..@                                         http://www.TauSq.org/