[parisc-linux] DSL on a 715/80 with rp-pppoe

Peter Mottram peter@petescaff.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 00:56:54 +0100 (CET)

Until I restarted ppp on my 712 it had been working perfectly for nearly
three months with no /sbin/hotplug.

Unfortunately I am a sad unstable addict (I have been since pre-buzz days
on i386) and have updated many times since ppp was last restarted.

This one I find weird because I know that it has worked but broke sometime
recently. The only reason I restarted the system was to finally upgrade to
the 2.4.16 kernel I have been happily running on a C160 and a collection
of C110s.

PeteM

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Richard Hirst wrote:

> IIRC, when I first got ppp working on hppa, it would only work if
> I created a dummy /sbin/hotplug, see
>
> <http://lists.parisc-linux.org/hypermail/parisc-linux/6527.html>
>
> Richard

[snip]