[parisc-linux] DSL on a 715/80 with rp-pppoe

Hinrich Aue H_Aue@t-online.de
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 13:23:44 +0100

Am Samstag, 29. Dezember 2001 06:01 schrieben Sie:
> =?iso-8859-1?q?Hinrich=20Aue?= wrote:
> > I found out, that you (Grant Grundler) already had the
> > same? Problem. There already was a submitted Bug.
> > Has somebody tried to fix that?
>
> Either Richard Hirst or Thomas Bogendoerf already fixed that.
> 132 should be closed since last I tried, I was able to use pppd
> with the dialup modem. Sorry about that - I should have closed it.
>
> > I'll post the stackdump later today, from syslog.
>
> The "trap 15" is a kernel crash. That doesn't get logged
> to syslog (afaik). Are you sure it's the same symptom?
>
> grant

Yes, I found no logging in syslog. I'm not used to kernel stuff, (2.
semester) but the stackdump looked familiar. And after all, it happens when I
start pppd with async ppp. If I don't activate async ppp It don't crashes,
but it don't work. That was a problem first when I tried to use DSL. After I
activated async ppp the machine crashes at the start of pppd.
I also tried the latest CVS kernel Verison (pa27).
I would like to dig in that stuff, but I don't know where to start and have
too little experience.