[parisc-linux] Oops...

Tom palinux@alaskatech.org
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:00:04 -0900 (AKST)

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Grant Grundler wrote:
> Could you check if make was replaced or one of it's libs?
> "debsums -s" would be another good thing to check.
> FWIW, make works fine for me with all the recent kernels (if they booted).

That's my guess too... 'make -d mrproper' gives:

Reading makefiles...
Reading makefile `Makefile'...
Got a SIGCHLD; 1 upreaped children.
Got a SIGCHLD; 1 upreaped children.
Got a SIGCHLD; 1 upreaped children.
Reading makefile `.config' (search path) (no ~ expansion)...
Reading makefile `.depend' (search path) (no ~ expansion)...
Reading makefile `arch/parisc/Makefile' (search path) (no ~ expansion)...
Got a SIGCHLD; 2 unreaped children
Trace/Breakpoint trap

...and back to prompt. Running again crashed the telnet session :-(  So,
ran with 'make -d mrproper > ~/make.err' a few times. Sometimes I get the
above text, sometimes it's just empty. 'make clean' or 'make oldconfig' do
the same thing...

'debsums -s' once again is clean, no errors. I'm thinking of waiting a
bit, re-running the apt-get dist-upgrade to catch things up, then see if
it fixes itself...

> Reboot the older kernel and run "debsums -s" would be my first step.

...although I'll probably do this, since I can't stand the idea of just
ignoring a problem :-)