[parisc-linux] 64-bit pa20, pa24 fail to boot on my c200

James Mcclain jmccla3@gl.umbc.edu
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 12:29:04 -0500 (EST)

hello all,

i'm new to this list as well as to the world of linux on the
parisc.  i own a c200 with firmware rev 6.1 which i run with a serial
console.  my machine fails to boot with a 64-bit kernel (either downloaded
from the website or built by me).  i get as far as the message warning you
that if you don't see any further messages it is likely a result of using
the wrong console, then the three right-most LEDs on the front of the
machine stay on.

32-bit kernels built with the same config file work very well.

if there is any more detailed information i can provide, i would be happy
to.

regards,
james mcclain