[Fwd: Re: 735 and SCSI (was: Re: [parisc-linux] Firmware upgraded, STI console problem)]

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:55:09 +0000

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 09:34:34AM -0600, Bryan W. Headley wrote:
> Since my C110 has a fast/wide, and so does my 735, I'm in the bad spot
> of never really having either machine fully boot up. The CDROM drive I
> have doesn't "like" RW discs, so I'd love to see someone stamp out a
> Woody-ish master that I can read from.

FWD disks on 53c720 on C110 should work these days.  Either use a recent
kernel, or use the workaround in the 0.9.3 ISO errata.  They wont work on
the 735 because the processor on that box doesn't support consistent
memory (pci_alloc_consistent() fails).

My parisc boxes don't like CD-RW disks either, but are quite happy with
CD-R disks I burn myself.

Richard